I thought I would share my school tips for all though who are just coming entering post-secondary or for anyone needing some help. Every student in school should know about these hacks. These useful tips will make life so much easier as a student.
- Study your lecture notes right after your class.
- Use GoogleDoc for group study notes.
- Use Prezi for class presentation.
- Use Easybib app for citations.
- Use google calendar to schedule studying time and an agenda.
- Split your workload into smaller amounts throughout the week.
- Revise what you know every two weeks.
- Use https://scholar.google.com/instead of googling the regular way.
- Don’t hesitate to use the school resources such as the writing center.
- Schedule some me time. Never underestimate the time you need for yourself. Do something that will relax you such as workout, painting, meditating, etc.
- Use student id all the time for discounts.
- Your outline is very important. So use it.
- Sit in the front of the class.
- Use the audionote app or record lectures (if you miss any important info at least to can listen to the lecture again).
- When studying for tests and exams, use paper and not your computer. When using paper, the information sticks better.
- Get a free Amazon Prime student account. Amazon has lots of perks which includes free one-day shipping and free Amazon movies.
- Make use of your student insurance. You can do a lot with your benefits such as yearly teeth whitening, free prescriptions and so much more. For more details, visit your student center.
- Want to focus while studying? Try using peppermint oil in a diffuser. I use this all the time.
- Focus on your school work or tasks by using the focus keeper app for iPhones or Pomodoro.today – timer for Androids. These time management apps help you focus on your tasks by using the Pomodoro technique. Click here for more about the Pomodoro technique.
- Don’t have a pen or pencil to write notes off the lecture slides? Take a pic from your phone.
- Want to get more money from your old textbooks. Don’t sell them back to your school. Sell them online. You’ll get much more than what you would get from your school.
- You could use Grammarly free by downloading their browser extension to edit your essays or assignments. Click here to download.
Did you find some great hacks in this post? What are your favourite hacks? Do you have any school hacks of your own?
Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.